Ford Introduces Limited Edition Dallas Cowboys F-150
Football fans, Ford announced this week that four hundred Dallas Cowboy edition Ford F-150s are now on sale at select Texas Ford dealers. This marks the first time in 22 years since a release of a Cowboys Edition F-150. The launch celebrates the opening of the Ford Center at The Star, a state-of-the-art training facility and 12,000-seat indoor stadium in Frisco, Texas.
In addition to the standard features of the F-150 XLT series, the Cowboys edition truck includes:
- Exclusive Cowboys edition star badging on front doors and tailgate
- Blue-white-blue rocker panel striping paying tribute to team’s over-the-top helmet stripe
- 20-inch chrome wheels with unique Cowboys star center caps
- Molded heavy-duty cargo bed mat with iconic Cowboys star logo
- Laser-etched chrome foot plates featuring legendary Cowboys word mark for front doors
- Cowboys edition logo stitched in front and rear floor mats
- “1 of 400” Cowboys edition interior badge autographed by Jerry Jones – owner, president and general manager for the Dallas Cowboys
Volkswagen Promising Lower Prices in the U.S.
In an uphill battle to regain lost ground with consumers in the U.S., Volkswagen has promised dealers that it will lower prices and offer a wider model range in the U.S.
Volkswagen is trying to broaden appeal to American drivers, who are generally not enticed to buy from a limited selection of higher priced Volkswagen vehicles.
The struggle had predated the emissions tests scandal that came to light last year.
For more on Volkswagen’s pending price drop, read the full story on Bloomberg.com.
Mazda Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Worldwide
Mazda announced the recall of 2.3 million vehicles across the globe. The recall stems from concerns over rust on the hydraulic arm that holds the rear door back, and from a malfunction in a chip that could cause diesel engines to stop running.
Vehicles included in the recall concerning rust on the hydraulic arm are the Mazda 3, CX-3, and CX-5 crossover SUVs, manufactured between 2007 and 2015. Vehicles impacted by the diesel engine recall were vehicles sold in Japan and built between 2014 and 2016.
Any big stories we missed this week? Let us know in the comments below!