The 2017 Ford Super Duty Just Got Way Smarter – This Week in Automotive News
2017 Ford Super Duty Adds Class-Exclusive Features
The 2017 Ford Super Duty has some crazy new tech and features. Most notably, it can utilize adaptive cruise control, even while towing 31,500 pounds! The latest Super Duty can also sense the blind spot of not only the truck, but also its trailer. That’s just the beginning.
According to Ford’s latest press release, the new 2017 Ford Super Duty offers 17 new class-exclusive features in total:
1. Adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support
2. Adaptive steering
3. BLIS®(Blind Spot Information System) with trailer coverage
4. BoxLink™ with premium locking cleats
5. Factory-installed customer-placed trailer camera
6. Inflatable rear outboard safety belts
7. Multicontour front seats with Active Motion®
8. Power-deployable running boards
9. PowerScope® power-telescoping and power-folding trailer tow mirrors
10. Remote tailgate release with power lock
11. Standard flat load floor on SuperCab and Crew Cab
12. Stowable loading ramps
13. SYNC® 3
14. Tailgate step
15. Trailer Reverse Guidance
16. Trailer tire pressure monitoring system
17. Utility lighting system (LED side-mirror spotlights)
Bugatti is Creating The World’s Fastest Production Car, They Hope
The near-production Bugatti Chiron will be the successor of the Bugatti Veyron (current record holder). The company believes the Chiron will become the world’s next “Fastest Production Car.” What engine will it have, you ask? An 8L 16-cylinder 4 turbocharger engine that produces 1500 hp! This vehicle will cost around $2.5 million, so start saving your pennies. Bugatti is expected to attempt this world record in 2018.
See Bugatti’s Chiron webpage for the latest information on this supercar.
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Spotted
Back in January, Jeep announced it would place one of those insane 707 hp Hellcat engines in a Grand Cherokee. Since then, the auto world has been patiently waiting for what should be the highest production horsepower in an SUV. Dubbed the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee TrackHawk, this muscle SUV has been spotted in the flesh, no camouflage.
2017 Chevrolet SS Rumored
Yes, Chevrolet is still making the Chevy SS. The SS is an incredibly capable muscle car disguised in sedan clothing. While 2017 will probably be the last year of the Chevy SS, rumor has it the 2017 SS will be powered by a 6.2L supercharged V8 engine producing around 580 hp. If this is true, the SS is going to give drivers an incredible send-off. It’s already fast, powered by a naturally aspirated 6.2L V8 that makes 415 hp, and drives 0-60 in 4.7 seconds.
To learn more, see Chevrolet’s webpage for the Chevy SS.